Economic Development and Tourism
Headwaters of the Assiniboine
An Economic Development and Tourism Committee was established to manage the economic development programs, promote, expand and enhance tourism development of the community and to advise council on projects to improve or extend any economic development, recreational development, area promotion and/or area tourism.
Identify and encourage economic development and tourism initiatives for the Town of Preeceville through facilitation and coordination of people, research and ideas.
- Broaden the economic base of Preeceville through business development and job creation
- Act as an umbrella organization for economic development organizations in the Preeceville area
- Increase the economic development resources available to businesses and economic development organizations
- Provide support services with complete accurate information to businesses in the area of economic development
- Provide tourism services and programs on behalf of Preeceville and area
- Our population is knowledgable and supportive of recreational activities
- Creation of the Leisure and Recreation Guide
- Increase physical activity for children and youth through programs such as the after school club
- Promotion of activites for children ages 10 to 17 in age appropriate language
- Community awareness programs, facilities and events through radio, internet and print advertising
- Walking, hiking and geocahing trails
- Cross Country ski trail program and activities
- Survey citizens on targeted recreational activities
- Update of Community Profile
- Review of the Business Retention and Expansion Program
- Development of a Strategic Plan
- Creation of a Tourism Marketing Consortium
- Identification and Promotion of Local Tourist Attractions
- Development of a Strategic Plan including a green space development
- Expansion of the Recreation Centre programs
- Expansion of the Legion Hall Programs
- Recommendation for expansion and development of Annie Laurie Beach Area
- Initiate or support efforts to attract small to mid scale recreation and sporting events to Preeceville
Local Initiative and Project Management
The Preeceville EDC is responsible for initiating and managing local projects and programs that will enable the growth and development of Preeceville’s economy.
The EDC is responsible for promoting the Town of Preeceville and the Preeceville businesses on a local, regional, provincial and national level.