The Preeceville Hospital is currently undergoing major construction and renovations work and when completed will be known as the Preeceville & District Integrated Health Care Facility.
As an Integrated Health Care Facility, services of the doctor’s medical clinic, 10 acute care beds and 40 long-term care beds will be housed under one roof.
P3 Architects of Regina/Saskatoon have designed this facility and are overseeing the works contracted to General Contractor – HLM Construction. Construction on the project commenced on May 1, 2007 and is anticipated to be completed on October 31, 2008. The project will be completed in three stages with the first being the new construction of the long-term care area, second being the renovations of the acute care area and the third being renovations of the administration and medical clinic area.
The total project is estimated to cost approximately Ten Million Dollars. The Provincial Government has committed 65% of the project costs ($6.5 Million) and the remainder 35% ($3.5 Million) is the share that the local area is responsible for. The local area is also responsible for additional furnishing costs, estimated at approximately $140,000.00. At this time, Jan 2008, total cash available to this project is $2,135,293.08 which leaves a shortfall of about $1,500,000.00.
In order to raise the local funds, many fundraising activities are on the go or are being arranged. The current activities are Movie Night, Mushers’ Rendezvous, Rockin @ the River and donation requests from corporations, individuals, clubs and organizations. Events that are in the process of being organized are a live merchandise auction for April 27, 2008, local donations auction for later in the summer and spring/summer bingo nights.
If you would like more information on any of the activities, please contact the Town of Preeceville office at 547-2810 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The fundraising committee will continue to develop more fundraising events until our goal is met. If you are interested in being a member of the fundraising committee or would like to help them out by offering manpower services, please contact the Town of Preeceville office or any of the fundraising activity chairpersons:
Bingo, Ollie Maksymiw 547-3144
Food services, Bea Sekel 547-2751
Rockin @ The River, Brian Yates 547-2276
Mushers' Rendezvous, Allan Bodnar 547-2721
Auctions, Brian Yates 547-2276 or Jim Ward 547-5588
Corporate donations, Grant See 547-2240
Door to door canvass, Ivan Peterson 547-4382
Movie Nite, Sonia Munksgaard 547-2810
Lotteries, Lorelei Karcha or Judy Blahay 547-2810
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to the Preeceville & District Integrated Health Care Facility, you may do so by stopping in at the Town of Preeceville office or by mailing your donation to The Town of Preeceville, P.O. Box 560, Preeceville, Saskatchewan S0A 3B0.
We would like to thank all donors and we will be placing all donors names in ascending donation amount on plaques that will be kept on permanent display at the new facility. For example:
Thorson-Simes Family - $100,000.00
Donald Rosten and Family - $50,000.00
Bill & Stella Kardynal - $10,000.00
Leonard Johnson - $10,000.00
Anonymous Donation - $9,500.00
Theodore Rivney - $6,500.00